Saturday, January 10, 2009

Restoring My Nest




I'm always just a little traumatized after putting the Christmas away. The house looks bare. There's no sparkle, glitter or lights. It takes a few days to get used to the "bareness". Then I go in decorating gear. Just a reminder of some of the "before" pics.


I try to change things a little. Part of this may be that I really don't remember how I had things before. ;-p



For some reason, I always seem to go to either silver or winter white in January. I've put lots of new winter white and cream in my dining room.



I used a green holder and made a new winter white arrangement for my mirror. I always overbuy (BTW, Michael's has their flowers 1/2 off).

Michael's had some pretty ribbon and I'm a sucker for pretty ribbon. I used three different types and also wrapped the plastic wreath hanger with ribbon.


I used what was left in a crystal vase. I placed it on my oak buffet which we call "Eureka" since we found it in Eureka Springs...but I digress.




The crystal vase is from an antiquing trip (huge bargain), the crystal covered pie plate was a present from Daddy this Christmas, the lamp is part of Mr. Dumpling's collection.



I love sugar shakers or muffineers and find them so hard to resist! I think the crystal keeps a little bit of the sparkle going don't you?

Mr. Dumpling started me on a new collection with a Christmas present of Noritake China. It has the Green M in the wreath mark so made between 1918 - 1921. It doesn't have a name....just a pattern number N117.

I'll feature it on Tablescape Tuesday. Be sure to check back! Til next time...brighten your corner wherever you are!



5 comments:

Meadowsweet Days said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Judy,
I LOVE your new sugar shaker! What a nice thing to collect. I'll look forward to seeing it on your table on Tuesday. Every time I visit your blog, I am amazed how our dogs look like twins! Thanks for visiting me, Ill be back!

Carol

English Cottage in Georgia said... Best Blogger Tips

What a morning delight to visit and read your blog! I enjoyed the first post that I was lured into the next post and then the next.... My goodness, I read your entire blog!
I love green, pink, and green also. Petalware never heard of it, but loved your pics. I caught myself wondering if it would mix with jadite which are my "everyday dishes". Then lo and behold, your last pic of the petalware post showed the dishes with jadite.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment of condolence over the loss of my Dad. He was special just as your Mom, Ma Vera, and Ms Jessie.
Lucy

Stacey said... Best Blogger Tips

I love how you dressed up the mirror! What a great idea. Also, I just noticed how beautiful the ceiling is in the dining room. Wow!

Cami @ Creating Myself said... Best Blogger Tips

Can't wait to see your new china! And how smart are you to think of covering the wreath hanger w/ ribbon! It's one of those "Now why didn't I think of that!" ideas.

Blondie's Journal said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Judy,
Came across this post a little late. I just wanted to say that I adore the flower arrangement in front of the mirror. Perhaps sometime you can post a "tutorial" on how you assembled it. You are obviously very talented! Love your blog :-)

xoxo
Jane