Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Step into Fall

My inspiration for this post is the “Roomspiration” going on at 12 blogs for the next 12 days. The first event/party is “Abode Love” entryways.

foyer table candles lit 2

I may be old fashioned but I love a foyer. Some may view it as wasted space but it really is an introduction of your home and who you are.  It is the first place I start to decorate each holiday and then I move to other rooms.  I spread seasonal decorations just about everywhere. It’s like a sickness…but I don’t think I want to be cured!

I am on a HUGE burlap kick, so, of course, the library table has burlap. I purchased it in large rolls and wish I had bought more!

foyer table candles lit
foyer scarecrow close

And still more burlap!  I found these burlap covered fruit at Marshall’s. Loving the simple look of the burlap in the white bowl.

foyer white bowl burlap fruit

You’ve seen my white glass box before. I’m still not satisfied with it and may tweak it a little more.

foyer white box close

The green leaf dish is new…a find at Marshalls. Hmm, that was a lot fuller with Candy Corn when I fixed it. Oh Mr. Dumpling?

candy corn green dish

The entry was changed up this year with the purchase of an antique cabinet. I like the cabinet but it’s not working for me as I hoped. However, it is all decked for Fall as well. I am just loving white pumpkins and I have for years. Some of these I’ve had a long time and a few things are new.

white pumpkin foyer
foyer amazing grace birdhouse
IMG_2565
foyer white pumpkin left 2
foyer pumpkin lit

Did you notice the large plant in the foyer? I have kept it alive for well over a year. It was sent when Mr. Dumpling’s father passed and I have managed to keep it healthy and growing! This is a major accomplishment for me. Plants always get those brown tips when left in my care.


foyer with plant

We purchased the antique oak Pier mirror in Canton, TX many years ago. I designed a special place for it in the foyer. It was originally from an old hotel in Kansas City. Ladies needed these mirrors to make sure their skirts were long enough. It’s one of my favorite pieces we have.  I’ve seen OnlySon and best friend BigH primp in front of this mirror before heading out for a night out with the girls. Don’t think for one moment that boys don’t do this!


autumn pier mirror

Still a few things to do but that’s basically it for now. Tomorrow…I will belatedly join the Living Room party “View Along the Way”. Come back!

Follow Me on Pinterest


Blogaholic Designs”=

Sharing this with:
Foyers at Abode Love

7 comments:

Blondie's Journal said... Best Blogger Tips

It sure is looking like fall at your house, Judy! I love all of your white pumpkins...I like to keep my decorations neutral. Love the burlap, too. Where do you find it in rolls? The covered fruit is just darling! Very nicely done!!

XO,
Jane

Glenda said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful as always, Judy! Love the white pumpkins, and the Amazing Grace birdhouse really caught my attention.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh I love fall -- my decor is still in the boxes -- hope I can get some arranged this weekend.

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said... Best Blogger Tips

Judy, your fall decorations are wonderful. You have so many unique things, like the pumpkin with the filigree dugouts. The little scarecrow on the table is very cute. I really like your birdhouse with the music and the white bowl with roosters on the side and.....................well I think I like everything. Good job. shannon

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said... Best Blogger Tips

Sorry, I should have read before I published. I meant CUTOUTS not dugouts.

Katherines Corner said... Best Blogger Tips

I love it all but the white punkin with the cut out design is wonderful! Hugs and sincere wishes for a beautiful weekend xo

Abigale Huels said... Best Blogger Tips
This comment has been removed by the author.