Monday, August 15, 2011

Southwestern Grilled Burgers

I love for Mr. Dumpling to grill! That's not to say Mr. Dumpling loves grilling...but he will. I find the recipes and he cranks up the grill!

Our latest endeavor is a recipe from Taste of Home. I do love a good Taste of Home recipe. This is a scrumdiliumptious hamburger!



Southwestern Grilled Hamburgers

1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilis
4 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
3/4 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 lbs lean ground beef
3/4 (I used l lb) bulk pork sausage
8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
8 hamburger buns
lettuce
tomato
1 to 2 ripe avocados, sliced

1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add beef and sausage, mix well. Shape into 8 patties. (This makes 8 nice size patties).

2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for at least 5 min on each side. Top each patty with cheese and grill a few more minutes until cheese melts.

3. This is a MESSY hamburger with the avocado. I ate mine two ways...with a fork and then again with the avocado on the side. I think I preferred on the side...but you must have the avocado!!

I forgot to take a pic. (blush) but I found one that looked like it on Flickr on Creative Commons. Have you heard of Creative Commons. (Be sure to take a look after you finish here!)

Wow, great pics there. Just look to the side for their copyright preference. Most are free (I love FREE)  to use uncropped and credited. Bookmarking this for future use. Once you sign in to Flickr, you can add the pic straight to your blogger post.


I usually post on these "parties"

Monday Made with Love
Mouthwatering Monday
Homemaker Monday
Hunk of Meat Monday
Monday Melt in your Mouth
Delectable Tuesday
Tuesday Time Out
Dr. Laura Tasty Tuesday
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Tuesday to Do  
Made From Scratch Tuesday
Totally Tasty Tuesday
These Chicks Cooked
Wow Us Wednesday
What I Whipped up Wed

Whatever Goes Wed
Wed Share the Wealth

  
Blogaholic Designs”=

8 comments:

xinex said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks yummy!...Christine

extreme personal measures said... Best Blogger Tips

Yummmmmm


Stop by and link up at What’s Cooking Wednesday!

http://www.extremepersonalmeasures.com/2011/08/whats-your-favorite-cookbook.html

Sunny Simple Life said... Best Blogger Tips

I have that same cookbook from TOH and have made so many recipes from it. It is a good one. Yum your burgers looks so good.

Concetta said... Best Blogger Tips

I think I will get that cookbook - your recipe looks delicious!
Thank you for stopping by Concetta's Cafe!
<><
Concetta

Amy said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh my...what a luscious looking burger. I love summer grilling and this is such a classic for grilling.

My blog turns 1 today and I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog as a way to say thank you for your supports in the past year. Please come over to check it out if you're interested. http://utry.it

Leah Beyer said... Best Blogger Tips

This sounds awesome! Inspired my Hunk of Meat Monday post this week. You were featured too!

Susan @ sshilo4@aol.com said... Best Blogger Tips

This could make anyone a Southwestener!!! My mouth is watering!!!

Jami said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks so much for sharing at the Tuesday To Do Party! Can't wait to see what you've been up to this week!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com