All Southerner's take/carry/tote their sweet tea out to the veranda. We sit in our wicker rockers under our ceiling fans and say things like "Bless her heart, didn't she look tacky today". If you say "Bless her heart", it's not mean or gossipy.
Ok, I made every bit of that up...well...some of it. Stay tuned.
Actually, it's already in the 90's here and it IS time for tea. For us, we are now addicted to Blackberry Mint tea. Mr. Dumpling has actually gone all the way to town to buy a little container of blackberries. Yes, we live rural...and we "go to town"...3 miles. Anyway...
I grow my own mint but I think I'm going to have to plant more at this rate!
First, you make a "Simple Syrup". There is just no way to do this wrong.
1. Use equal amounts of water and sugar. Because Mr. Dumpling has become an addict, I know use 2 cups water and 2 cups sugar.
2. Stir mixture and bring to a boil. Boil approx. 4 minutes.
3. Add 1/2 to 1 cups blackberries and 1/2 cup fresh mint. Boil approx. 1 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let mixture come to room temperature.
5. Using a tea strainer, strain and place syrup in a container. Refrigerate. I love to use my green Depression glass syrup pitcher.
To serve: Place several tablespoons in a glass and add tea. I'm using one of my Duncan Miller First Love goblets (an eBay find). Add a mint sprig and enjoy!
And remember, I said I made "some" of it up. We really do drink tea while sitting in our wicker rockers on the front porch under a ceiling fan. Welcome to my small corner of paradise.
I'm adding this to:
Monday - Show Off Your Cottage (White)
Kitchen Tip Tuesday
Tuesday at the Table
Tempt my Tummy Tuesday
Tuesday Garden Party
Wednesday Make it Your's