Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday 4/28/10 - Roses Everywhere!


Outdoor Wednesday is such a wonderful day! When else do you get to travel all over the US and peek into yards? Be sure to check out all the other participants at A Southern Daydreamer.

This Spring has been an unbelievable year for roses. I'm not sure if it's the cool weather but they are just breathtaking this season. This is the third season for most of our Knockout roses and the blooms are the largest ever...not to mention they are completely loaded!









This is my Double Knockout Tree rose.



If you follow my blog, you will remember that Mr. Dumpling built an arbor for me last year. I saw the arbor in my sweet niece's wedding photo and he copied it. We planted Little Pinkie climbing roses on each side along with clematis. Well, after one year...look at this!!



The daylilies are also starting to bloom. Right now, only the Stella's are blooming. However, we went to an Day Lily farm earlier this month and bought at least a dozen of what should be fantastic lilies. We're waiting on those and I see a few buds.



Come back and visit. I'm going to try to stay current with Outdoor Wednesday!



15 comments:

Stacey said... Best Blogger Tips

You are right - your Knockouts are beautiful! I want some so much but my lot is just too shady. Our daylilies have beautiful foliage but not blooms yet. :)

Glad to see you back!

The Charm of Home said... Best Blogger Tips

Your flowers are gorgeous! I love your house it is the style I have always wanted. So wonderful with the big front porch and the old tumbled looking brick. Just beautiful!

Glenda said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful pics of a beautiful home!

Glenda/MidSouth said... Best Blogger Tips

Your flowers are beautiful! I love roses - Thanks for sharing them with us.

Ms. Bake-it said... Best Blogger Tips

I love your fountain! You have a lovely house and yard.

~ Tracy

Sandra said... Best Blogger Tips

Such beautiful roses! I love the knockout rose tree! Stunning!
Sandra

Southern Lady's Vintage said... Best Blogger Tips

We have planted some of the Knockout roses too! Love them for easy mainteance and lots of color spring thru frost here in the south. Love your Knockout Roses tree. Would love to have one of those!

Miss Janice said... Best Blogger Tips

Your flowers are just beautiful and the front of your home is gorgeous!

Lynda said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful!! I'm wanting to try my hand at the knockout roses, but I'm not sure we have enough sun where they would go.

prashant said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful pics of a beautiful home!
Contextual Ad Network India

Angela said... Best Blogger Tips

Lovely blog. I have been following for a while. Love your blue and white dishes. I collect Blue Willow and did a Thanksgiving post about them. However, today's delimma is this. I view a blog post, make a mental note to go back to it, then forget which blog I was on. So, my question is have you recently posted a blog about a new rug in your kitchen? Thanks.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said... Best Blogger Tips

May your New Year be filled with many Blessings and abundances of Joy for 2011. From my mountain to yours, Until next year
Hugs and Smiles Gl♥ria

Jennifer Taylor said... Best Blogger Tips

You're beautiful photos are making me long for Spring!

Angela said... Best Blogger Tips

I know it's an old post, but I wanted to comment how lovely your landscaping and pictures are. My husband built an arbor for me too and I have clematis (a met Monday post on my blog) growing on it but would love to grow the pinky roses like you have. However, I have such a problem with deer that the roses, like the others I try to grow, I'm afraid, would be eaten.

Lori said... Best Blogger Tips

Uh Ohh, is Boudreaux a bichon. I saw him in your corner pic. We lost ours over a year ago. Your home reminds me of home in Alexandria. Thanks for your comment. Lori