Friday, January 29, 2010

Pink Saturday 1/30 - Winter Mantel



Happy Pink Saturday everyone! Be sure to head over to Beverly's blog "How Sweet the Sound" for more Pink Saturday posts.

I truly love PINK. Always have. I really was a "girlie" girl with ribbons and bows. My grandmother loved pink and always had a beautiful pink bedroom. I thought it was the most gorgeous room ever.

OnlySon was my only child...and people tend to frown on boys in pink. I really need a grand-daughter (hint, hint) to lavish in PINK bows!

Ok, with that said...

My Christmas tree was done in Mercury glass and pink this year. I found a wonderful pink ribbon from Hobby Lobby which I fell in love with. I used it on the Christmas tree. I just couldn't bring myself to put it up so...I put it on the mantel for Valentine's.





I loved it so much, I kept it on the mantel for my winter/Valentine decorations. I usually skip straight from Christmas to Valentine's and then to Spring/Easter.

This is my mantel now.



Kept some of the mercury glass.



Added some silver hearts.



Kept the pink Depression glass vase which I love. It's the Tea Room pattern. Tea Room was such an elegant Art Deco style Depression glass pattern. It was made by Indiana Glass Co. from 1926 - 1931.



I put some crystals in the bottom and put some of the lights in the vase. Yes, I love sparkle!

I also use the pink Tea Room matching candle holders.



I love my pair of antique Waterfall style lamps. I keep them on the living room mantel year round. They fit the romantic theme so well with the cherub bottoms.





And kept the lights. I love to turn that on at night. It helps to keep some of the sparkle of the season.




By the way..."Who Dat"? Yep, we're going to the Super Bowl!! And the full chant for Saints fans? "Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints? Who dat? Who dat?"




19 comments:

Treasia Stepp said... Best Blogger Tips

Your mantel is breattaking. Simply gorgeous. Love the mercury glass.

Lynda said... Best Blogger Tips

Very, very pretty, Judy!! I love your antique mantel. I have one very similar, and I'm always looking for ideas to decorate it.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said... Best Blogger Tips

Your mantel is just gorgeous. It's so wonderful that your christmas decorations carry over so well for valentines. I love all the beautiful depression glass and all of your candle holders. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said... Best Blogger Tips

How pretty! Great job on the mantel.

Blondie's Journal said... Best Blogger Tips

Gorgeous!! Your mantel is just stunning. I love the mercury glass and the ribbon, and how it has been transformed to celebrate Valentine's Day by doing so little!! Perfect!!

xoxo
Jane

The Muse said... Best Blogger Tips

Grand chic!
And i adore that they are getting a longer life:)
PLUS the way they work with your window dressing is fabulous!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE your mantel and you have inspired me to add some PINK to mine! I still have my winter garland (WITH lights) on mine...and I, too, love to turn it on at night to add some punch to the blahness of winter. I think glittery or silvery hearts will be the perfect touch! Thanks for your great Pink Sat share!

Dana

My name is Riet said... Best Blogger Tips

What a beuatiful pink post. I love your pink crystal

Denise Marie said... Best Blogger Tips

you've got some gorgeous pieces. The mantel looks great.

Blessings.

Betty said... Best Blogger Tips

Your mantel looks beautiful.

Good luck to the Saints!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Pink Saturday!


I love your decorations.


~ Gabriela ~

Sonia said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh I love your mantel!! All the candles and pink ribbon with hearts are just beautiful! Thanks for your sweet visit!

Miss Bloomers

♥Mimi♥ said... Best Blogger Tips

I ♥ to come here on Pink Saturday. Your blog is always so sweet and comforting. Cold and gloomy winter up here this year so Pink Saturday is one day I can always count on for a little pink ray of sunshine.

Thanks for being my pink sunshine today☺

Wishing you the comfort and warmth of those you love this weekend.

Light and Voices said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh Judy Bug....that mantel is over the top. It has cupids, hearts, ribbon and lights...everything perfect for the holiday Valentine's Day. Simply divine!
Joyce M

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

what fancy and elegant pink you have here,
pink in your blog thinks.

Tardevil said... Best Blogger Tips

Your decor is gorgeous! I'm pulling for the Saints too! I hope they can pull it off!

Patricia said... Best Blogger Tips

The mantle is beauitful - I would keep it decorated too.
Happy Valentine's To You !
Happy Pink Saturday !!! and have a lovely
new week.

Terri Morse said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Judy! I'm a little late, but I had to tell you how much I enjoyed your mantel. The way the light reflects off of the crystal is dazzling! By now, you must be celebrating the Saints win big time. I watched the game on TV, and it was fantastic. Between Mardi Gras and the Superbowl win, New Orleans is going to be party central clear into spring!! Enjoy the fun. Terri

prashant said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the mercury glass.
Contextual Ad Network India