Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to our Son! March 3


Time passes by so quickly. It was only yesterday I held our son in my arms as we rocked for hours. I KNEW I had the sweetest, cutest, most adorable baby in the world! I'm sure you thought the same thing and now you learn you were mistaken. ;-)



Today, OnlySon turns 27! He was a "miracle" baby as I was told I would probably never have a child. God has his own plans tho and we are so thankful! He was born at 7:47 a.m. which made me think of a 747 plane...and that was a precursor for how he would approach life!



He is the ONLY Grandson on my side and the First and Only male Grandson on Mr. Dumpling's side. Is this child spoiled? Would you believe rotten?



An interesting fact...and I love the "coincidences" of life -

OnlySon was born on my grandmother's birthday - March 3. They were privileged to share many birthdays together!





I was born on HER mother's birthday - Feb. 2. Neat eh?



Please indulge me and allow me to post a few of my favorites pics.







He is a true sports addict with LSU being the favorite.





OnlySon is getting married in August to Sweetpea and we are thrilled!



He and Sweetpea worked their wedding date around football season! I wondered if it was to avoid this?



Happy Birthday kiddo! We love you!



6 comments:

Jewel Sauls said... Best Blogger Tips

What a sweet tribute to your son! That is so neat how you have shared birthdays! Tell him Happy Birthday!!! :D Jewel

Glenda/MidSouth said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for sharing! Happy Birthday to your Son and your Mother.
Glenda

English Cottage in Georgia said... Best Blogger Tips

What a wonderful post - the pride you have for your son is obvious. I just love those '80's pics.
Truly many birthday coincidences in your family...makes the already special day, even more special.

Nancy said... Best Blogger Tips

Sweet memories! It is hard to believe sometimes that our babies are all grown up and starting their own homes now!! Thanks for sharing the precious pictures.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said... Best Blogger Tips

What a great post girl...and they do grow up fast...If I had it my way all 3 of my girls would still be living at home and under my wing..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Susie Homemaker said... Best Blogger Tips

What a lovely post...your son is very handsome! Have a blessed day with him!

Warm Wishes,
Susie